J. David Garcia
J. David Garcia, Attorney
- University of Michigan: (Economics & Political Science)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School: (Juris Doctorate)
- Michigan State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wisconsin State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals: 6th Circuit
- SuperLawyers Rising Star 2013 & 2014
- SuperLawyers 2018-2019
Mr. Garcia re-joined the firm in 2011, having previously spent more than 6 years as a part of the Young & Associates team. He executes day-to-day responsibilities for numerous multi-million dollar cases, customarily taking high-level depositions and arguing dispositive motions. In the process, he also gained significant first and second chair trial experience, litigating in numerous state and federal courts. Mr. Garcia amassed advanced knowledge of sophisticated business and financial issues and learned to present these matters in a compelling jury narrative.
Mr. Garcia is a graduate of the University of Michigan, with double-majors in economics and political science, and of the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Law. He is a member of the Michigan, North Carolina and Wisconsin state bars.
- Successfully represented publicly-traded company in failed merger litigation. After partial six-week federal jury trial, secured largest reported settlement in Michigan that year: $20,000,000.
- Obtained permanent injunction and damages for gourmet food manufacturer in misappropriation of trade secret and unfair competition case against former employees, driving defendants into bankruptcy.
- As lead trial counsel, obtained jury verdict of “no cause of action” for developer, and sanctions against contractor, in dispute over construction of a thirteen building complex.
- Successfully defended consulting and accounting firm against $180 million malpractice claim brought by large multinational telecommunications company.
- Secured precedent-setting summary judgment opinion on the scope of an accountant’s liability to non-clients.
- Successfully represented local printing company in breach of contract case against a Fortune 200 international manufacturer. Case settled after first day of trial.
- As lead trial counsel, won directed verdict in favor of large accounting firm client facing malpractice claim. Judge further determined that plaintiff’s primary trial witness was “severely impeached” during cross-examination.
- Successfully represented tier-one automotive parts supplier in lengthy arbitration against Ford Motor Company, ultimately securing seven-figure award.
Let's Work Together
We are a litigation boutique that specializes in winning complex business trials. Our award-winning attorneys operate with a lean, aggressive style that is focused on success.
There is no typical Young & Associates client. Our clients range from individuals to billion-dollar corporations in need of complex business litigation. The sole characteristic they share is their demand for success. We welcome the opportunity to handle your case.